Join the millions of couples around the world who have experienced a Marriage Encounter weekend.
Do you remember the passion and closeness your relationship had when you were dating or even when you were newlyweds?
A Marriage Encounter weekend will give you the tools to get that feeling back, and to keep it forever.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the weekend:
- What happens on the weekend?
- You will hear presentations about many different aspects of married life. You’re also given related questions for private personal reflection as a couple and shown techniques for better communication.
- Who should go on a weekend?
- If you want your marriage to be the best it can be you should go on the weekend, however it’s not marriage counseling and if your relationship is in trouble there are other programs designed just for you.
- Who presents or runs the weekend?
- The weekend is presented by three married couples and a priest.
- Does it matter what religion I am?
- The priest on the weekend can offer a different perspective than the married couples on the topics presented. He can also offer spiritual support from a Catholic perspective, but all faiths are welcome because the concepts presented are universal. If you feel you can only attend a weekend presented by couples of your own faith, you may find a link to a weekend presented by your faith on the National Website.
- When does it start and end?
- The weekends usually run from 8:00pm on Friday until 4:00pm on Sunday.
- Do we stay there overnight, or do we go home?
- Most weekends are overnight stays. Rooms are provided for everyone to stay the two nights.
- Are our meals provided during the weekend?
- Three meals are provided on Saturday and breakfast & lunch on Sunday.
- How did Marriage Encounter start?
- Please check the History page to learn the answer to this one.
- What is the cost of the weekend?
- A small non-refundable registration fee confirms your reservation. At the end of the weekend, each couple is given a blank envelope and asked to make a donation to cover the costs of their weekend. No couple is ever turned away because of lack of funds.
- How do I make a reservation?
- Call our toll free information/registration line, Rob & Beth Knopf at (877) NYS-WWME, (877) 697-9963. You may also check out the online schedule here, or E-mail questions or registration information to “email@example.com“. You will be notified by return e-mail where registration checks can be mailed, or if you prefer to use your credit card for the registration fee, our registration couple will take the information over the phone.